Saturday, January 11, 2014

Creating Your Own Makeup Vanity

This is where the magic happens! I'm sure we have all seen some lovely makeup vanity's on YouTube in make up collection videos and on Pinterest. I had been wanting to create my own vanity for a while now, however I wanted to do it on a tight budget while utilizing what I already had. I've turned my old study desk into a cute makeup area and I did so by only adding a few cute organizational pieces!

I purchased the big mirror from Target for only $5.49 (Can't beat that!) and the small pink mirror is from Homegoods and it was $9.99.

I was originally going to purchase the big muji drawers that we see on YouTube, however I didn't want to take up too much space on the desk, so I opted for smaller containers.

This cute pink organizer also came from Homegoods for about 12.99.


I purchased these chic bowls at Target during the holidays for about 3.49 each. I'm in love with the texture!


These cute leopard containers also came from Target, but from the DOLLAR section, Definitely a steal!

On the inside of my drawers, I store my smaller eyeshadow pallets, foundations and other items.

All of the drawer containers were purchased at Target, of course!


Bonus: I store my fragrances on top of my dresser using a plate holder I bought at Target during the holidays. I think this is an awesome way to display the pretty bottles. 


So as you can see, you definitely do not have to go all out and spend tons of money to create a vanity area. All of these items were under $10 each from Target and Homegoods, two of my favorite stores. Good luck and have fun creating your own space!


No comments:

Post a Comment